Minutes of the Meeting of EACSL, 2014
Vienna, 15 July 2014, 19.00
Present (16 persons):
M. Bezem, K. Chatterjee, P. Cousot, A. Dawar
(chair), C. Dittmann, L. Doyen, M. Elberfeld, L. Heimberg, L. Hella,
T. Henzinger, J. Michaliszyn, D. Miller, A. Murawski, J. Otop, S.
Ronchi Della Rocca, J.-M. Talbot
(1) Confirmation of agenda
(2) Choice of secretary (Minutes of the meeting)
- Proposal: Andrzej Murawski (Warwick).
- Approved by acclamation.
(3) Report on General Meeting 2013 and Accounting
(3a) Minutes of 2013
(3b) Financial report 2013
- The financial report was presented by Anuj Dawar and earlier checked and confirmed by the accountants Achim Blumensath and Jiri Adamek. The written confirmation was sent to Markus Lohrey.
- Resolution on acceptance of the report and discharge of the board.
- Approved unanimously.
(3c) Election of accountants for 2014
- Proposed candidates: Achim Blumensath and Christof Löding.
- Resolution on accountants.
- Achim Blumensath and Christof Löding were elected unanimously.
(4) Changes to Membership Dues
- Proposal to set the membership dues at 20 euros per annum.
(5) Changes of the Board of EACSL
- Janos Makowsky has come to the end of his five-year term on the board
(which followed his previous service as President of the EACSL).
- Motion of thanks for his service on the board.
- Motion passed unanimously.
(6) Report on the Ackermann Award 2014
- The report was presented by Anuj Dawar.
- 17 nominations for the Ackermann Award were received in 2014. The
jury (Thierry Coquand; Anuj Dawar; Thomas Henzinger; Daniel Leivant;
Damian Niwinski; Luke Ong; Simona Ronchi Della Rocca; Wolfgang
Thomas) decided to give the award to Michael Elberfeld.
- The winner was introduced to the meeting. The award is due
to be presented on Friday, 18 July.
(7) Report on CSL-LICS 2014
- Report from the Program
Committee, presented by Dale Miller.
- Summary: 256 submitted abstracts, 212 submitted paper, 74 accepted papers, 497 external reviews.
- A USB disk with proceedings was provided instead to all
- Thanks to the local organizers.
- The Chairman thanked the PC chairs and PC members for
their hard work.
- Report from the local organizers,
presented by Jan Otop.
(8) Future CSL conferences
- Christoph Dittmann gave an update on preparations for CSL 2015 in Berlin.
- Jean-Marc Talbot presented
a proposal for organizing
CSL 2016 in Marseille. The Chairman invited emails with feedback. The final decision will be
taken by the Board.
(9)The current situation of EACSL
The Chairman gave a report on current situation and activities of the Association.
- Relationship with SIGLOG: scope for a fruitful relationship.
- Relationship with EATCS: agreement on mutual membership discounts
- Awards: there are plans to institute a new award (possibly
to be named after Alonzo Church) jointly with SIGLOG and EATCS.
- Publication of proceedings: Board supports LIPIcs, but will need to
renegotiate the agreement after this year's CSL-LICS.
- Report on ESSLLI courses: continuing sponsorship of
- EACSL activities: to concentrate on publications, prizes and
summerschools and not directly fund conferences other than CSL.
(10 Any Other Business)
Signed by A. Dawar